We’re looking for an experienced Web Development Manager to lead our team of talented WordPress and Drupal developers.
The Web Development Manager will oversee and manage our internal web development department, as well as third-party development partners. He or she will ensure website builds run smoothly and are delivered on-time, on-budget, and functioning correctly. The ideal candidate has a background in web development (WordPress and Drupal) and a minimum of 3 years of management experience, preferably in an agency environment.
If you don’t meet these minimum requirements, please do not apply as you will not be considered for the position. Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on.
Although coding isn’t part of this position, a background working as a WordPress and Drupal web developer is required, including:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Expert knowledge of ADA accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of on-site technical SEO best practices
- Previous experience with mainstream e-commerce platforms, including as Shopify and WooCommerce
- Previous experience with third-party API integrations
Responsibilities are broken into several categories, including Sales Support, Process & Execution, and Management:
- Perform technical audits of websites to accurately scope projects
- Conduct client-facing workshops
- Prepare specifications and assist with creation of SOWs
- Conduct wireframe and design reviews to spot issues before being presented to the client
- Review project specs for accuracy
- Assist to prep builds and hand-off to third-party development teams
- Review all beta sites to confirm that they are ready for content and more in-depth QA
- Manage the QA process. Responsible for scheduling, planning, and holding team accountable throughout the QA process to meet the client beta presentation deadline
- Oversee and assist with site launches
- Although graphic design skills are not required, a keen eye for good design is a big plus
- Plan and schedule internal dev team resources and lead weekly standup meetings for dev department
- Monitor team progress on a variety of builds on a daily basis, troubleshooting as-needed
- Setup and monitor dev build cadence, meeting key milestones
- Field and delegate maintenance requests
- Provide Project Managers with consistent updates and raise red flags when deadlines shift or unforeseen circumstances arise
- Manage Asana project template to ensure that it reflects current dev process
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies/industry trends/news
- Lead dev team recruiting, interviewing, and hiring efforts
- Conduct quarterly 1:1s and annual performance reviews
- Set vision for our dev team and manage progress toward goals
- Manage third-party build process from start to finish
- Serve as a primary point of contact between agency and third-party dev team
- Ensure third-party dev team is completing basic maintenance schedules and forward monthly reports to clients
- Launch websites and complete launch checklist for third-party devs
- Present beta sites, originally developed by third-party devs
- Assist our sales team with new business pitches and presentations, where deep technical knowledge may be required
- Perform technical audits and provide the sales team with realistic estimates to help accurately scope and price new projects
Important Application Details:
Push10 is based in Philadelphia but as a remote company, we are accepting applicants nationwide. As our team works from home offices, relocation is not necessary. Must be a US Citizen based in the United States. This is a full-time position. Lastly, the chosen candidate will need to pass a basic skills test to prove competency. This position includes management and supervisory responsibilities.
Compensation to be discussed and determined based on relevant experience.
- Ample Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days)
- Holiday Bonuses
- 401k Plan with 3% Company Match (must complete a full year of employment to be eligible)
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid Professional Development
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Fully Remote Work
Push10 is an innovative branding agency focused on mission-driven organizations. We provide creative services including brand strategy, web design, and custom website development for clients who demand fresh ideas and unique marketing solutions.
Fill out the application form below or email us and introduce yourself: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your resume, rate requirements, a link to your online portfolio (if available), as well as links to any applicable projects that you’ve worked on.